Bright Beginnings Student Instructions
- Classes begin at 9:00 and end at 12:00.
- If you are unable to arrive by 9:00 you may bring your child to class “late”.
- Classes end promptly at 12:00.
- Bright Beginnings does not offer early drop-off or late pick-up services.
What to Bring:
- Bring a cup with a spill proof lid.
- Backpack / diaper bag should only contain the following:
- Enough diapers / pull-ups for the morning.
- Full change of clothes – including socks.
- Comfort item(s). i.e.: blanket, stuffed toy
Make sure the following items are NOT in your backpack / diaper bag:
Label cup, backpack / diaper bag and coats with your child’s name.
- Food – can be dangerous to other children with food allergies
- Any small items
Please do not bring any toys from home to class. (Other than a comfort item)
Dropping Off in the Morning:
- Please do not enter the classroom until your teacher opens the door at 9:00.
- Complete the sign-in sheet.
- Note in the “Special Instructions” space if someone other than yourself will be picking up your child. If so, you must provide us with their full name (first & last). A photo ID will be required from that person when they arrive.
- Hang backpack / diaper bag and coat on hooks.
- Put cup (with a spill proof lid) over on counter.
- Say your good-byes and exit the room. Lingering only prolongs any separation anxiety.*
*You are always welcome to stay in the hallway for as long as you like however you may not stay in the classroom. This not only makes it difficult for your child to separate but also confuses and upsets other children whose parents have already left the room. If you are waiting in the hall try not to stand right at the window in the door. Most times when a child is upset and looking for you they will focus on the door. If they see you, all progress up until that point will be lost.
Picking Up at Noon
- Classes are over at 12:00. Please be prompt.
- Please wait in the hall until your teacher comes out to dismiss the children.
- Crafts and papers that are going home will be lined up in the hallway.
If an emergency arises while your child is at school and you are unable to pick them up by 12:00:
· Alternate arrangements should be made for someone else to pick up your child.
· Call either the Preschool number 610-481-0242 or the church main number 610-398-2577. Provide the first & last name of the person coming AND your full name and contact number.
· When alternate arrangements cannot be made use the above contact numbers and advise us of the situation.
- Bright Beginnings tuition is $150 for the 2-day class and $175 for the 3-day class.
- Tuition is due by the 15th of each month. Payments received after the 15th of the month will be assessed a $10 late fee.
- Cash or Check is accepted. Checks should be made payable to Asbury UMC.
- Children will not be allowed to attend class until balances overdue by more than 30 days are paid or payment arrangements are made.
- Credit is not given for missed days due to illness or vacation.
- If Bright Beginnings is canceled due to inclement weather a tuition credit will be given after the 3rd day lost.
- Tuition is non-refundable.
- Juice and water are provided.
- Snack is provided by parents on a rotating calendar basis.
- Please Do Not put medicine of any kind (including vitamins) in your child’s drinking cup.
- Snack suggestions: fish crackers, pretzels, graham crackers, Cheerios.
- If your child has special dietary concerns or allergies please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you would like to bring in a snack for a special occasion that is fine. Usually things like cookies, rice crispy treats, Munchkins (no nuts or coconut) or mini cupcakes work best. Please check with your teacher for any classroom allergies before bringing in any snacks.
- All children are required to wear shoes at all times at Bright Beginnings.
- If your child comes to school in snow boots or rain boots please bring a change of shoes for them for in the classroom.
- Please do not send your child to school in shoes that do not stay on their feet or fall off easily.
- Clothing should be easy to move in and not restricting.
- At Bright Beginnings we do many crafts with paint. Please do not send them in anything that cannot be machine washed.
- No exposed diapers. Girls in skirts or dresses should wear bloomers, tights, or shorts over their diapers.
- Please do not send your child to Bright Beginnings in pajamas or other inappropriate attire.
Sickness Policy / Medications
Please keep your child home from school if they are exhibiting any of the following:
- Have had a fever within the past 24 hours.
- Have vomited* or had severe diarrhea within the past 24 hours.
- (*Note: If a child vomits at any time while at Bright Beginnings they will be sent home immediately for the remainder of the day).
- Their nose has a thick, green discharge.
- Experiencing a violent cough.
- They have been recently diagnosed with a communicable disease. Ie: Roto Virus, Chicken Pox, Measles etc. In such a case a doctor’s note may be required upon the return to class.
If any of the above symptoms or other obvious signs of illness are observed by the classroom teacher, Bright Beginnings reserves the right to not allow the child to attend school until the symptoms have cleared up. We greatly appreciate your compliance and understanding of these guidelines which are in place to protect all of your children.
- Medicine will not be administered at any time at Bright Beginnings*.
*The only exception to this rule is in the case of an epi-pen or asthma inhaler for life-threatening situations. If your child has been prescribed such emergency medicine by their doctor a dose of the medicine MUST accompany your child to Bright Beginnings or they will not be allowed to attend class.
Children are not required to be potty trained to attend Bright Beginnings. If your child is potty trained or begins to train during the course of the year we will work with them. However, especially when training, it is important that certain steps are taken to make things go smoother in the classroom.
- Have your child wear clothing that is easy for them to pull up and down by themselves.
- Clothing items to stay away from: belts, sashes, button pants, onesies, overalls, and too many layers.
- Keep a full set of clothes in their backpack at all times. Remember to include a pair of socks.
- Until your child is able to communicate to us that they need to go to the potty it is best that you send them to school in a pull-up*.
- The environment at school is much different than at home and we are not able to remind them as much as you may be able to at home.
- Take your child to the potty before class begins so that they are not coming to school with an already full bladder.
*For sanitary reasons we reserve the right to require a child to wear pull-ups.
Inclement Weather Policy
Bright Beginnings follows the Parkland School District for closings and delays due to inclement weather. Our policy is as follows:
If Parkland has a 2 hour delay ~ Bright Beginnings will be held from 10:00 – 12:00.
If Parkland closes ~ Bright Beginnings Closes.
If Parkland has an early dismissal ~ Bright Beginnings will NOT close early.
- Please enter the building through the main doors located on the LOWER LEVEL. The doors are open from 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. The doors are locked from 9:15 to 11:40 a.m. To enter when the doors are locked, please ring the Preschool buzzer/intercom to gain access.
- The upper level doors to the church are locked during school hours. Please use the lower level entrance at all times.
- Security Cameras are located inside the entrance and throughout the halls.
- Please advise your Bright Beginnings teacher when someone out of the ordinary is picking up your child. That person will be required to show a photo I.D. that matches the name you provide. We cannot release a child to anyone without an I.D.
Building Safety / Etiquette
There are many children and parents in the hallways of Asbury at the beginning and end of the school day. To keep everyone safe please observe the following guidelines:
- Walk in the halls – no running.
- Keep your child with you.
- Do not let your child push the emergency bell in the elevator.
- Sometimes there are toys in the hallway outside of classrooms. Please do not allow your children to play with them.
- Use the restrooms on the first floor not upstairs.
- Please return books and materials in the Children’s Library to their proper place.
Parking Lot Safety / Etiquette
- Walk in the parking lot – no running.
- Keep your child with you.
- Drive slowly in the parking lot.
- Do not allow your children to play in the parking lot.
- Do not park on the grass.
- Bright Beginnings Phone Number: 610-481-0242.
- Bright Beginnings Director: Karen Bowermaster
- Bright Beginnings Website: www.AsburyBB.com
- Bright Beginnings Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- (Please add both email addresses to your spam filter ‘safe list’)
- Address: 1533 Springhouse Road, Allentown, PA 18104
- Asbury UMC Main Office Phone Number: 610-398-2577.
- Asbury UMC Website: www.asburylv.org